Karoo Kuberkrakers23rd Jan 2018
Bekslaner8th Mar 2018
Pumpkin, pineapple and ginger salad with gin and orange candied almonds
Eating Pumpkin makes your hair curly and your cheeks rosy. Is mos, né?
500 g butternut, peeled and cubed
1 pineapple, peeled, cut into wedges, hard centre removed
20 g fresh rosemary or Kapokbos (wild rosemary) sprigs
100 g dried apricots, chopped
1 orange, juiced and zested
30 ml olive oil
1 small knob of fresh ginger, finely grated
15 ml Bossieveld Inspiration gin
250 ml full fat cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Layer the butternut, pineapple, rosemary, orange zest and juice on an oven tray, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Distribute the olive oil gently through the vegetables with your fingers, ensuring it is all coated.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the butternut is soft and light golden brown.
- In the meantime, combine the grated ginger, gin and cream cheese in a bowl.
- To serve: transfer the butternut and pineapple to a serving dish. With a melon-baller, scoop balls of cream cheese mixture onto the salad, sprinkle with chopped dried apricots and gin and orange candied almonds (recipe below).
- Garnish with fresh basil or mint leaves and enjoy with Bossieveld Inspiration gin.