Bossieveld Mystique Gin green salad
Eat fish. Drink gin. Can anything legal be healthier and tastier?
½ green melon, cut into wedges
50 ml Bossieveld Mystique Gin
1 green apple, thinly sliced
¼ cucumber, cut into ribbons
1 green tomato, sliced
50 ml basil, mint and vanilla vinaigrette (recipe follows)
smoked salmon ribbons (optional)
- Add gin to melon so as to infuse and refrigerate until needed.
- Pack ingredients on a serving platter and serve with the vinaigrette on the side.
Basil, mint and vanilla vinaigrette
3 sprigs basil, chopped
1 sprig mint, chopped
30 ml red wine vinegar
30 ml lemon juice
3 ml vanilla bean paste
30 ml olive oil
30 ml canola oil or salad oil
salt and white pepper to taste
- Whisk basil, mint, vinegar, lemon juice, honey and vanilla together in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil slowly while whisking vigorously.
- Taste and add salt and white pepper to taste.