Wille Krulle Rooikopslaai23rd Jan 2018
Lentereën Salmon Salad8th Mar 2018
Savoury Bossieveld Mystique Gin cocktail
I love to make this cocktail with ordinary white grapefruit as it enhances the savoury undertones of the jalapeño and the bay leaf. You can use ruby grapefruit as an alternative.
1 grapefruit, peeled and juiced (keep peel and juice)
1 bay leaf, chopped
1 tsp citrus marmalade (preferably one prepared with three types of citrus)
25ml Bossieveld Mystique Gin
¼ of a charred, marinated jalapeño
3 green olives
1 tsp marinade (recipe below)
tonic water and ice to serve
- Fill a glass with ice and add gin, jalapeño, olives, marinade, 50 ml grapefruit juice, citrus marmalade and the chopped bay leaf.
- Top with tonic and garnish with grapefruit peel.
Marinated jalapeños and green olives
250 ml airtight glass container
100 ml green olives, pitted
10 jalapeño chillies, char grilled
200 ml cider vinegar
2 cinnamon sticks
10 cloves, whole
10 all spice berries, whole
50 ml Bossieveld Mystique Gin
- Place the green olives and jalapeños in the glass container.
- Heat cider vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and all spice berries in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar mixture to the jar and top with Bossieveld Mystique Gin.
- Allow to cool, seal and refrigerate until needed.